Click here to view the full demonstration.
With our broad knowledge of inland waterways, including vessel types, the shipping process, locks and other structures, we are fully equipped to meet our customers’ requirements.
BMT Ship & Coastal Dynamics offers a range of inland waterway consultancy services which can be applied to:
- Evaluation of nautical bottlenecks and the impact of construction and upgrade work on the inland shipping process
- Nautical design of inland waterways, harbours and outer harbours near locks
- Designing lock levelling systems with water-saving basins
- Designing mooring systems in outer harbours and locks (during lock levelling)
- Determining lock capacities
- Accessibility of seaports for inland vessels (e.g. limiting wave conditions)
- Feasibility of berthing in and along waterways
Among our many inland waterway projects are:
- Canal Seine-Escaut-Est - waterway design, manoeuvring simulations and optimisation of the connecting waterway between the Scheldt and the Meuse in Wallonia
- Designing six navigation locks in the Canal Seine-Nord Europe, incorporating locking cycles, water- saving lock levelling systems, nautical aspects and mooring facilities
- A study involving Class Va inland ships to evaluate the influence on their manoeuvrability of cross currents at the river Lek
- Designing layout options for improving the Delftse Schie waterway
- Feasibility study for the development of a seaport/inland harbour at the Oude Maas, near Rotterdam