Our specialists at BMT Ship & Coastal Dynamics is highly experienced in assessing seabed dynamics at the landfall for offshore cables and wind farms.
They achieve this by analysing:
- Satellite-based shallow water bathymetry
- Long-term and short-term seabed dynamics at landfall areas
- Depth and stabilisation requirements
- Installation technique, cost optimisation and risk assessment
- Geo-hazards, including effects of underwater landslides and turbidity flows
- Environmental impact
By combining statistical analysis of seabed data and risk analysis for a cable or wind farm, our experts can define a burial depth that is technically feasible and cost-effective, while securing long-term pipeline and cable integrity.
- Determining seabed variation for the short term (seasonal and yearly) and long term (over ten years)
- Combining both short and long-term variations to calculate the lowest seabed level during the design life
- Determining the required burial depth based on the long-term integrity (stability, free span and risk analysis)